"Dating" your DJ
Music sets the tone on your wedding day, so every wedding should have a soundtrack of it’s own!
We compiled a master list of questions to ask your dj candidates before hire. Here’s how to “date” you dj before hiring:
First, let’s cover the basics.
1.Is my date available?
2. What’s your rate?
Next, get to know the DJ and insure that they are going to be the right fit for your wedding.
3. Can you describe your style?
4. Do you perform at more than one event in a day?
( This is important because if they have events ‘round the clock all weekend, they will be tired and worn for yours and might not perform 100% )
5. Have you done events at my wedding venue?
6. What sets you apart from other DJs?
Let’s talk music…
Odds are, you already like their music, or you probably wouldn’t be interviewing them. Ask questions about their style of DJing, rather than their sound.
7. What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
8. Do you take requests from our guests?
9. Can we submit a “do not play” list?
9. How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover?
Money, money, money…
Pricing is one of the biggest factors when choosing a wedding DJ. It’s important to find out what the price includes, and ALL fees so you aren’t surprised after signing the contract.
10. What’s your rate?
( Do rates change based on day or time of day? Any discounts available? How many hours this rate will buy? )
11. Does the rate include setup/teardown?
12. How much is overtime?
13. Any additional fees such as travel?
14. What is the refund cancellation policy?
15. When/how will I receive my contract?
16. What information do you need from me?
17. How far out do I need to book you for my wedding?
18. Are you insured!!!!!!
( Ideally, the DJ will have liability insurance in case damage of equipment or the performers themselves. Many venues require this. )
The more knowledge you have, the better equipped you'll be to make the right decision and find the one for your wedding! After wrapping up these questions you should feel extremely confident that your DJ is the right one for you.
Photo booth or kiss cam? Not only is the booth great for entertainment, but it is also great for capturing romantic moments with partners ❣️